Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hendo and Ellen - Absotively Stunning!!!

Two things i love most about my job, are:
1. When a couple is truly in love and their true beauty shows on their wedding day.
2. When i get the privilege to photograph a really good friend's wedding.
Well, both things happened on Sunday when i shot Ellen Cunningham's and Mike "Hendo" Henderson's Wedding. I have known Ellen for a few years through Rock harbor, and i see her every Wednesday at our Life Group. She is truly a gem. And Hendo is one of the most genuine, generous, and just plain hilarious guys i have ever met. The wedding was a blast. We did the majority of the photos near the Balboa Pavilion. The alley gave the best light and textures, and we had a great time in the afternoon.
With Fall around the corner, the colors popped in the trees and at the old barn setting of their wedding, we got amazing shots!
Thanks you too, and God Bless. See you when you get back,

Ellen's house, where she got ready, which is amazing by the way, had some killer nooks and crannies to take a couple of classic shots. She had a very classic look, and with her mom's actual veil, we had to get as vintage as possible!


Scarlet, who was bummed she couldn't make the wedding. One of the sweetest dogs you will ever meet.


Oh, i LOVE this one. The bling on her finger just pops out of this one.


This is a great detail, and of my favorite cakes i have photographed. Look at all these textures and nuisances.




This is Hendo's grandma, who he just adores. She sang Ave Maria at the reception and it moved every one at the wedding.




No, i did NOT paint that heart there.


Love this one. Girls lookin bad-azz.




This was a killer moment when Andrea gave her very heart warming speech.


Love the fall mood of this shot.


...and this one too.












2 comments:

Andrea Patricia said...

lol, k, maybe I'm biased cuz I was in it... but this was one hell of a kickass wedding.. made more awesome by the fact that you got these pics. I already told you how much I loved them.. and I dont want that head of yours to get any bigger (if thats possible) so I'll stop. but i have to say that 1) I LOVE the pic of Hendo and his grandma. And 2) I LOVE how you captured that moment b/t hendo and ellen and me. Nice job Andre.. can't wait to see the rest of them!

Unknown said...

Andre - Hendo's mom here. You did a fabulous job of capturing the "spirit" of the wedding!! For me???

After all those violin-playing and formal ceremonies, this was the most delightful wedding I have been to in years.

From what you have shown so far, you are the MAN! I hope you will post all of the photos on some website that I can purchase a bunch of them and keep my own journal.

And, yes, Hendo's Grandma is just an amazing woman who stole the show. Thank you so much for capturing the love he has for her and the wonderful strength she has!

Best,
Lisa