Friday, October 31, 2008

Golf, Sushi, Shaun White and Engagement Photos

Now this Engagement Photo Session is every photographers dream. (Atleast photographers who love to golf and eat sushi.)
Mike and Jen are a super awesome couple. I met Mike early in the morning and played golf at the beloved Torrey Pines golf course...I was +1 after 8 holes, and then blew up after that as i boarded the bogey train. I could talk about golf all day, but this is a photo blog. Mike and i had a great time. He is a doctor, so we chatted about the ailments that I ever had questions about. After, we grabbed sushi at Sushi on the Rock in La Jolla and sat next to Shaun White. The owner came by and gave him free dessert. i guess the owner didn't recognize me as the world famous photographer. I had to pay.
We shot the pics down in La Jolla in the city and found some cool nooks and crannies to shoot in. The sun was perfect, we had raw fish in our bellies, and were still glowing from the round at Torrey!




Jen is super sweet, and this photo really shows her personality.






This was a cool little restaurant. I wish i could remember the name, but it looked very European.


This is my attempt at aerial photography. I love this shot.




This is a great shot. i love the texture of the street and old buildings in the back. (kinda looks like Mike is coppin a feel here...)


No i did NOT ask them to run, but i thought this was a great shot to put up!




Hole 12, Par 3. don't remember what i shot here...although my strut indicates i may have missed the green...

8 comments:

Michael Kurisu said...

Wow. Great shots! Such an artistic eye!
I do like the last one of Andre golfing as it was taken by yours truly.
Not bad for an amateur w an iphone after a Bud Light.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Andre...you do capture 'the moment'...Very hard to choose a favorite, but did think the running one was extra special!
Carolyn (Mike's mom)

Anonymous said...

Clarence (Dad)said,

Great pictures---looks like a blend of pictures of a magazine advertisement by Estee'Lauder and Calvin Klein.

SLSK said...

These photos are amazing! I can almost hear bubba and Jenn's laughter...such wonderful shots of my brother and soon to be sister.
-Sheri

Desadier Fam said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! These are more than just pictures... they look like works of art. Amazing how with your lens you told a story of LOVE! First one is so sexy!

Anonymous said...

It is really special that you can take photos that make ordinary people look like they could be in a magazine. Of course Mike and Jenn are pretty cute!

Aaron & Betsy said...

These pictures are amazing! It's obvious that Jenn & Mike were at ease with you because captured their natural expressions perfectly. We can't wait to see the wedding pictures.

SLSK said...

I still can't get over how beautiful these engagement photos are! I just can't wait for the wedding ones.
-Sheri (sister)