Friday, October 10, 2008

Soraya and Roger at the Ranch in Chicago. Ole!

I was SOOO excited to shoot Soraya's wedding for many reasons. One, Soraya is a great friend from Rock Harbor who moved to Tenessesee a couple of years ago. Two, it was great to see a few friends at the wedding. Three, it was in CHICAGO, my FAVORITE city! Take a look at the shots at the bottom. i LOVE this city...the air, the people, the restaurants, the architecture.
I was so stoked to see Soraya happy. Roger is a total stud. i just met that day, but i could tell from our conversation and the way he looked at Soraya that he loves her VERY much. He is a great guy. They have a sweet fairty-tale story of how they got together, ask them about it.
And the location of the wedding, Forget about it!!! it was ridiculous. Her brother Freddie has a horse ranch that was breathtaking. What a great day, a firey Puerto Rican family, amazing food, a beautiful horse ranch, mimosas...need i say more?



Soraya getting ready with Rogers daughter. Precious.


Bouquet and riding boots. awesome.






Yes, thats a horse. He creeped up on us during our shoot.






















The food and wine was AMAZING, some of the best i have ever had...(OF COURSE in chicago)...And being a wine lover, there were some killer bottles there. Dariush, which i had for the first time...phenomenal.


The view of the city from the John Hancock tower.


This could be one of my favorite shots i have ever taken. I LOVE millennium park. The bean is rad.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

andre....these shots are amazing....I need to work with you one day and get some tips!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Chicago!! One of my favorite cities!! and love love the Bean, especially that shot!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Andre! You did such an a amazing job. I wish we could have celebrated biblical style -- a year long party!

Nancy Pierson said...

Andre, you are a very talented photographer! Fun to see your work.

Not a dry eye at the ranch that day for the fairy tale wedding. True love = Rog & Soraya. Fun day!

That was the first wedding I have been to where we view the pics on a laptop while still dancing to the couples' love songs! Awhh . . technology and Andre!

I agree, Chicago ROCKS!
Thanks and love to all!
Nancy (Roger's "blonde" sister)

Keisha Suzanne said...

You won't know me by name, or even by face. Yet, I know as the photographer for many Modesto friends of mine and I've witnessed your talent, up close and personal. I have your blog site, listed on my own, so the world can view your amazing God given eye, that makes those Kodak moments come alive.
Thanks for sharing all these snaps with (those of us) and keep them coming.
kg

Chrissy Radeleff-Follis said...

As always, a fantastic job. Your Chicago shots are especially awesome. Beautiful work!